Derived from the ancient Japanese warrior art of the sword and imbued with the principle of Zen Buddhism, kendo has now gained worldwide popularity for its appealing combination of sport and meditation. In Looking at Far Mountain kendo expert Paul Budden explains the essentials of the art by offering:
* An extensive history of the kendo tradition
* Technical specifics such as form, positioning, and breathing
* Detailed explanations of the kata
* A listing of kendo schools
* A lineage chart of the great kendo masters
This comprehensive volume-endorsed by the premier Japanese kendo body-is sure to imporve and perfect the practice of kendo for students of all levels.