What if there was a secret ingredient that could make every single one of your martial arts techniques better? Not only faster and more powerful, but more likely to slam home to exactly the right target every time. Maybe there is.
Timing is the art and science of ending a confrontation as quickly and efficiently as possible. In Timing for the Fighting Arts, authors Loren W. Christensen and Wim Demeere team up to teach you exactly how to get every last ounce of speed and power out of your techniques. Already strong and lightning fast? Prepare to get even better.
Whether you want to feel safer on the street or emerge victorious in the ring, this book is packed with inside information essential to defeating your opponent:
* Why many experts say timing is more important than speed
* How to put the OODA loop and Hick's law to work for you
* Why timing is both an offensive and defensive asset
* Which types of verbal distraction can give you the edge
* Why controlling your opponent's spine gives you an advantage
* Which tournament techniques really do work on the street
* How to set up multiple opponents to create timing opportunities
* Which tricks law enforcement officers rely on to buy time
* How you can improve your odds against a gun or knife
* Why timing is one of the most important things you can add to your training
Every one of these concepts is backed up by drills and practice scenarios so you can go beyond theory and put your knew knowledge to work in the ring or on the street where you need it most. If you're ready to take your skills to the next level, Loren and Wim are ready to show you the way.