Chun Kuk Do is a hybrid martial art founded and first taught by Chuck Norris. The word “Chun Kuk Do” means “Universal Way”. This art consists of a combination of Tang Soo Do, Tae Kwon Do, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Professional Wrestling, Muay Thai, Shodokan and many other martial arts.
Every summer Chun Kuk Do and its organization UFAF (United Fighting Arts Federation) hold a convention/tournament in Las Vegas.
Chun Kuk Do includes a code of honor and rules to live by, much like other forms of martial arts. These rules are from Chuck Norris’ personal code
1. I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.
2. I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements.
3. I will always be in a positive frame of mind and convey this feeling to every person that I meet.
4. I will continually work at developing love, happiness and loyalty in my family and acknowledge that no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
5. I will look for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile.
6. If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing.
7. I will give so much time to the improvement of myself that I will have no time to criticize others.
8. I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
9. I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness toward another person’s viewpoint while still holding fast to that which I know to be true and honest.
10. I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times.
11. I will always remain loyal to God, my country, family and my friends.
12. I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life because that positive attitude helps my family, my country, and myself.
The Chun Kuk Do creed consists of four basic principles:
In Chun Kuk Do the belt ranks are as follows:
Child students may receive additional intermediate ranks, i.e., blue with green stripe.
There are ten degrees of Black Belts. When one receives the fifth degree, they are promoted to the master rank.