Tang Soo Do
Grandmaster Chong Su Kim was born in Song
Tan, Korea, and immigrated to the US in 1977 when he made York, PA, his
second home. He received his US citizenship in 1982 and is now becoming
widely recognized as a dedicated and strong community-minded citizen.
Grandmaster Chong Su Kim has traveled all over the world in order to
help needy people and promote the benefits of Tang Soo Do for everyone.
He has helped organizations raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for
charity. And, in the past years, his own organization has raised tens of
thousands of dollars for worthy charities. Internationally well known
and respected as a champion, talented teacher, and a deep philosopher,
Grandmaster Chong Su Kim is an incarnation of Martial Arts excellence.
The following list reveals some of the many accomplishments that
demonstrate Grandmaster Chong Su Kim's never ending pursuit of
- Founder and President of the Pan-Am
- Former Undefeated all Asian Bantam
Weight Champion (1968)
- 1981 Master Kim "the show stopper"
- 1982 "Remarkable Man, Kim Chong Su!"
- T.K.D. Times
- 1983 "He makes breaking boards his
business" by Daily News
- 1985 First Korean master to train
and exchange skills at Shaolin temple
- 1986 "He is a martial artist who
really uses his head" - PM Magazine
- 1987 "Master Kim, besides being a
mentor he is an excellent businessperson" -MDA
- 1989 President of Korean Association
- 1991 "He's keeping the tradition in
Tang Soo Do" -Cover of T.K.D.Times
- 1994 Korea Tour
- 1994 "Tang Soo Do traditional Korean
martial art" -DoJang Magazine
- 1995 Cover of Combat Magazine -
- 1997 Martial Arts Gallery of Fame
with movie star
Cynthia Rothrock and Eric Lee
- 1998 The Nite with Stars at CBS with
movie stars Chuck Norris ,
Don "The Dragon" Wilson
and Ernie Reyes Jr.
and Ernie Reyes Sr.- Outstanding
service award for Helping Hand
- 2001 Central PA Korean Assoc. Vice
- 2001 with Arnold Schwarzenegger at
Battle of Columbus, OH
- 2005 Received Award recognition for
the Keystone State Martial Art Hall of Fame
- 2007 W.U.M.A. - World United Martial
Arts Alliance Honorable advisor
Grandmaster Chong Su Kim still strives for constant improvement in
himself and his students. He seeks to make Tang Soo Do a priceless
investment in life for everyone.